Tuesday, May 13, 2008

2008 March Madness

A bitter cold race day, ~15 at race start. A wide open Score-O format where you could bike or run to any and all check points. I raced solo to test my ability. I got there early and was rewarded by getting a map at check-in. I spent the time before the race studying the map and trying to pick the best route. I decided to run to the first few then grab the bike to hit the rest. After the race and knowing where all the points where, I should have run to them all. My navigation was pretty good, but not perfect. I gassed by the end of the race and opted to skip the last check point and take the time bonus. That put me in 9th overall, third solo male. I felt good as the teams above me are deserved to be where they finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home